Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Babush to turn in Rohit today

Babush to turn in Rohit today
‘Girl Has Admitted To Having Sex’
TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Panaji: The police on Monday raided education minister Atanasio Monserrate’s house and served summons on the Teleigaon strongman to produce his son Rohit, who is alleged to have raped a German minor. This followed a statement given by the girl to a local court on Saturday and her medical examination by a team of GMC doctors on Sunday.
Although police officials refused to come on record, highly-placed sources said the girl had reportedly revealed that Rohit had sex with her. This happened on a drive to a remote plateau in Bambolim, she is reported to have said. Though she has not given the exact date, the girl said it happened four or five months ago, the sources said.
Superintendent of police (north) Bosco George refused to comment on the issue. “I have to file an affidavit in the high court and till then I can’t say anything,” he said.
Late on Monday night, Monserrate’s lawyer Arun Braz D’sa came with a letter from the minister (not on his official letterhead) to the Calangute police inspector. The letter said, “I was surprised at the presence of policemen at my house looking out for my son Rohit Monserrate today. I have already gone on record assuring full cooperation to the police. No intimation was given to us about the requirement to produce Rohit Monserrate. It is through the media that we learnt that the summons was served upon us. I was therefore surprised to receive summons as late as 19:15 pm under Section 160 CrPC.”
“In any case, I stand by my previous statement and request you to permit me to produce my son Rohit Monserrate by tomorrow noon at Calangute police station as at the moment he has not contacted me.”

November 4,2008, The Times of India, Goa edition

No comments: